Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#4 "Swaziland"



Good but hard week here. 


good because im finally out in my area!! swaziland, manzini area:)

its really developed and nicer compared to the cities and everything in mozambique, theres still the ghettos and everything..(come on im in africa) but its nice cuz we have water to shower and drink:)

also because it was a week of firsts.

got my first bucket shower.
first commitment for baptism.(not in my area)
first companion.
first mosquito net that didnt work.
first time i shaved my head clean.
first time i rode in a shapa (ill explain)
first time in an african safari (pics or it didnt happen)
first time i got malaria
and last but not least, first AREA:)

it was reaaaaaally good this last week i got to work with a sick missionary elder hruby for a few days, and he taught me a lot while i was waiting for my visa to swazi, but i got my first commitment to baptism with him. and its crazy how god puts people in our ways.. every single day. its amazing. 

but yeah my comps name is elder ence, hes a big dude from southern utah, and hes a funny guy! went on an african safari today and it was siick. hahah 

cooking for myself, so ive decided im going to be a stay at home dad. and also i love hot showers.

truly a blessing.. you guys dont realize. hahah

but there was a hard part.

we are pretty much starting from zero.. so pray we get to 100.. quick, lol. and its suuuper unmotivating and gets me down a bit cuz i guess playing sports im a bit motivated by numbers and seeing my success.. and its not that i see people as numbers but im seeing it as my efforts.. which i should probably change. hahah but hey. new week. gonna rip this week a new one. full of investigators and lessons, and you know what?? i think im gonna get a baptism. haha jk, but we'll fur sure get a commitment (if god wants:)) hahah

ill throw some pictures up for you guys of my last few days and maybe even a video. haha i love you guys, and not a day goes by im not missing you guys:)
 pray for my investigators please:)

1 Nephi 6:5 (thats a good one)

(also lied about the malaria)

Elder Fuchs



















No comments:

Post a Comment